Monday, July 30, 2012

Xian: Skeletina (Ditty)

Dearest Xian

This morning, as you were changing into your school uniform, I couldn't help but notice your "bag of ribs".

Yes, the same ones you love to air strum on - your boney body guitar.

And I know every time I start singing your Skeletina song, the one I created, you'll go, "Hey Mum-my! Stop-it!"

I never wrote the words down but now I think I should in case I grow old and forget everything. Then all the silly songs and lullabies I've created for you and your sisters will be lost forever. :(

I've decided to type this here. When you have kids on your own, you can share with them the silly stuff I've created. I'll do the same for Wen and Wei too!

So, Xian, here's your very own special Skeletina song.

With love always
Mummy



Skeletina

Ske-le-ti-na
Ske-le-ti-na
She's a boney girl

Ske-le-ti-na
Ske-le-ti-na
In a boney world

Ske-le-ti-na
Ske-le-ti-na
She is very thin

Ske-le-ti-na
Ske-le-ti-na
She's all bones and skin

Teo Yuan Ching
30 July 2012

Copyright © Teo Yuan Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment