Monday, April 9, 2012

Xian: First Born (Poem)

Dearest Xian

Here's a short poem I wrote when you were about 1 week old. It's been 10 years since. Look at how you've grown!

Both your father and I have this pinned up in our office wall/cubicle together with the other poems I wrote when your sisters Wen and Wei were born. I thought it'd be nice for me to share it with you here on this space. (I'd already published this on my personal blog a few years ago).

How many kids have poems written about them? Perhaps there will be others who can boast about it, including yourself, but most wouldn't be able to do so. Remember that your crazy mum loves to dabble in bits of writing, so you really shouldn't be surprised by this! :)

Enjoy this simple poem!

With love always
Mummy


My First Born - Xian
First Born

Mummy's cherubic angel
Daddy's darling little girl
Kickin', wrigglin' and screamin' she did
Into her brand new world

Daddy's pretty princess
Mummy's precious pearl
Charming her way into our lives
With every gesture, smile and gurgle

Mummy's lovely baby doll
Daddy's apple-of-the-eye
The Chinese zodiac swift Steed reigns in her
As does the sign of the twins - Gemini

Tiny in size though she may be
But in our hearts she's a sure-fire win
Born 29 May 2002 on a Wednesday
Our first little Leonglet - Sook Yin

Teo Yuan Ching
7 June 2002

Copyright © 2002 Teo Yuan Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment